Wednesday 4 March 2015

Today's reading from Sarah Jake's book "Colliding with destiny"...... My reflections


"You don’t become bitter over night; it’s a defense mechanism you gradually create in order to never be hurt again. I began to constantly relive memories of hurt. I called it protection; the world called it bitter. Eventually I realized I couldn’t let that consume me. When I didn’t understand why things weren’t working the way I wanted, I needed to think ahead and focus on hope. We must continue to stay in His will even when we feel we’re out of His vision." From Colliding with Destiny by Sarah Jakes

Hope.... That is what we have as christian- Hope. The hope that God has our back and He will never leave or forsake us. The hope and confidence that God will be there at all times and boldness that His promise is yea and Amen. Sometimes we face tough situations and are blinded by our personal wants and circumstances that life throws at us. This is the very point when we have to activate our hope and trust in God. 

Let's look at the story of Abraham for just a second. The type of hope that Abraham exhibited was because of the relationship that he had with God. This relationship allows for a different type of boldness which is why when God asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac , Abraham didn't hesitate sacrificing his son- Isaac. This is the kind of hope that we as Christians and followers of Christ should have in God not just when things are going right but also when things are going crazy and wild. 

 Romans 4: 18-21
"Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara's womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform." 

For me my realization is that I have let many things disrupt my thoughts and beliefs. I have become so bitter with circumstances in life and I didn't even realize how much of pretense I have had to put up so that I don't address my fears and worries. When I graduated from college my dream career was to be. Medical doctor- a surgeon to be precise but my first stumbling block was not getting into a medical school right after college. As much as it never bothered me at that time because I believed that all things would work together for my good as long as I keep loving God which was what I did then several years ago. Well to God be the glory I finally got into a medical school not the one I wanted and not in the United States but that is to say God does work in mysterious ways when we keep hope and trust in Him. I can attest to the fact that it hasn't been an easy journey but God out of Grace as always shown up at the right time.

Now looking back at the journey thus far, I can say that God kept me. Yes he has indeed kept me away from things that I probably don't know of. Being away in a different country where I knew no one has thought me to trust in God alone and to lean on Him always, seeking His face and understanding. It is interesting sometimes how life situations pushes us to the point where we have no one else to lean on, trust, cry to except to God who has always been there from the very beginning. 

So I urge you to continue hoping, continue trusting and believing that God Almighty who knows the end from the beginning is able to do exceedingly abundantly far above your imaginations.

Remain blessed always,
Destined by Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment